Cotidiano de uma brasileira em Paris, comentarios sobre cultura, politica e besteiras em geral. Entre le faible et le fort c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui libère." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

OH. MY. GOD.
Special Rant Edition


Someone please give me a hanky, I'm going to cry. Things were grim this weekend.

What in the WORLD are those refs about?! Who picked these idiots? FIFA is worse than...than...um something rilly disgusting.

Eng-uh-lund vs. Die Mannschaft
4-1

No. Just no. It is not acceptable. The English scored a limpid, gorgeous, entirely legitimate goal. This could have been appreciated by any blind alien in any of the thousand galaxies which surround ours. And yet the idiot who was 35 metres from the goal didn't see it? No. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Did someone buy him? What a bloody shame. If this had happened after the Germans scored 4, it wouldn't have been so catastrophic, but the Roastbeef goal would have made the score 2-2, which would have increased their enthusiasm and therefore their chances at beating the Krauts. Disgraceful. Boo. (Fascinating to watch though!)

Mex-oops-we-forgot-we're-not-playing-France vs. Argies
3-1

Mexicans? One advice: even though the Argies had a v hard time qualifying, they didn't need to score a handgoal (this time) like the Frenchies did. You can't play Argentina thinking it'll be easy, even if the qualifying matches have shown their weaker side. They're among the best in the world, despite the fact they only won the WC once (by cheating - giggles maturely) and the fact we beat them 6-2 n Brasìlia in 2008 (showing-off. aw come on, I'm allowed. It's *my* blog). Too late now!
Still, what happened in this match, too, was appalling. Argentina's first goal was not legitimate. Even the main ref saw it was offside, but the linesman must have had a stray lash fall in his eye at the time. Heavens. I wonder if many refs wear contact lenses. FIFA needs to listen to Platini and put another ref near the goal.

And now, for the important comment:

Brasil vs Chile


WOOHOOOOOOOOO GGOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then....

GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

and once more!!!

GOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

É do Brasillllllll!!!!!!!!! :::::goal dance::::::jumps:::::screams:::::THREEE NILLLLLLLLL


Yeah ok. Pipe down.
Because next up is Holland. And if we win (I think we will) chances are we'll play the Argies. SIGH. How horrid. I watch Brasil vs. Argentina matches like I watch horror films: covering my eyes, grabbing at the furniture, biting my nails compulsively, and then I can't sleep at night, independent of the result!

I don't think we can beat them.

We don't have:
a Messi
a Veron
a Tevez

Kaka', Luis Fabiano, Robinho: wake up, please? It's the quarter-finals, people.
Lùcio: if it weren't for this guy, we'd probably be home by now.
Gilberto Silva: giving all he's got for the past 3 Cups. :::hugs:::

The next time I post about Brasil I will either be v v v v happy AND scared or v v v v sad.




No comments: