Cotidiano de uma brasileira em Paris, comentarios sobre cultura, politica e besteiras em geral. Entre le faible et le fort c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui libère." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Everything is good, oh and green


Since yesterday I vented about what went wrong during the weekend and the trip back home, today I want to share something cheerful, different, pleasing to the eye (I hope!), that surprised me when I saw it.

On Saturday we went on a day trip to a place called Mount Grace Priory. It's the ruins of an XI Century monastery founded by Carthusian monks in North Yorkshire.

The ruins themselves didn't impress me much, especially after our trip to Rome, though the reconstruction of an authentic room was rather successful and impressive.

What really caught my attention wasn't man-made though. It was a tree, but not just any tree. I'm not super keen on trees usually; I like them but after a while they become...invisible. They blend with their surroundings and have to be special -- or solitary -- in order to stand out. Like sheep.

I want to live in this one though.

1 comment:

R P said...

I think you and that tree are going to be very happy....Wear protection...