Cotidiano de uma brasileira em Paris, comentarios sobre cultura, politica e besteiras em geral. Entre le faible et le fort c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui libère." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Sunday, July 14, 2013

LakeSlake

René Magritte, Hegel's Holiday, 1958


When going to bed, I used to have a glass of water on the bedside table in case I got thirsty, and one glass without water in case I didn't.  

Now I'll have one 3/4s full when I'm feeling lucky, Punk, and 1/3 empty when I've given into my pessimiStreak.

* * * * *

Last night I dreamt I was Emma Peel from The Avengers.  I'd bought a large house in Oxford, which was being remodelled in parts.  My mission involved hiding a micro-camera under the umbrella (similar to the one in the painting), attached to one of the metal bits in the frame, go out on a specific rainy day, & meet the object of my underhanded, spying, ways.  

The builders who were working on the house, however, started to move the bed where the microcamera was hidden, and I could no longer find it.

Why can't it rain in lake form, instead of millions of drops everywhere?  The rain in lake form would last a few seconds and no umbrella would be needed.  But that'd mean no Magritte paintings featuring an umbrella.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lols, very good joke x