Cotidiano de uma brasileira em Paris, comentarios sobre cultura, politica e besteiras em geral. Entre le faible et le fort c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui libère." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Monday, December 13, 2010

Internetless

Going without an internet connection for a week is horrible. We finally got it back today. During this week much reading and listening to music (as well as wailing and gnashing of teeth) was done - walking, tidying up (no excuse to procrastinate without the internet...), visiting with friends etc

So among other things, I spent the week reading (sort of) Arundhati Roy and listening to a record I got Monday...

One piece reflects well the mixed feelings internetlessness brought me. On the one hand I had all this time to dedicate to Culturally Valid Endeavors, or at least those approved by polite society; on the other, I couldn't even check cinema listings or bus routes/schedule... Not only that, it was one of the coldest weeks this yr.

Hence today's entry. Sad euphoria. I wonder if it's possible to be actively sad? "If I'm going to be sad, I'll do it properly, damnit!" If so, Piazzolla manages in my opinion. Purposeful sadness, he does! It's like he enjoys it as much as joy. I like this very much. So...

Share, shear hares, etc.






Um. If it's rilly like this, perhaps I need to rethink a few things...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is a good deal warmer in the lower elevations. And it goes without saying you can't polka to a Harp.