Cotidiano de uma brasileira em Paris, comentarios sobre cultura, politica e besteiras em geral. Entre le faible et le fort c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui libère." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mas Que Nada


Since the Kiss Paintings entry, I've been thinking about doing the same thing but with music. The choice was either between different versions of the same song or different songs by the same artist. I chose the first option since I find it easier to pick one that way.

I picked 'Mas Que Nada' because I rilly like it (obviously) but also because it's well-known now. So...here it is.

Which is your fav version?



Jorge Ben Jor Original Version



Sergio Mendes Brazil '66 Version



Pushkin Quintett Version



Tamba Trio



Sergio Mendes & Black Eyed Peas Version




Vila Isabel sidewalk, Rio de Janeiro

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Pink Floyd version? What about Metallica? I'll settle for the Jimi Hendrix version even. You know, something with a Stratocaster wailing between rhythm chords.

Bel said...

I like Metallica but not Jimi. Pink Floyd is OK, that one song hehe "Mas Que Nada" hard rock version could be interesting, but of those I posted, which do you pick?

Anonymous said...

If those are going to be my choices, I'll have to go with the Pushkin Quintett and then Mendes, '66 vintage. The later has a truer sound than any of the others and I like the orchestral jazz aspect of the former.