Cotidiano de uma brasileira em Paris, comentarios sobre cultura, politica e besteiras em geral. Entre le faible et le fort c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui libère." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Monday, May 23, 2011

Bottom of the Pits of the Universe in a Barrell Rolling Down into a Swamp 
Full of Melted Marshmallow & Meringue

A few months ago I posted an entry of five different versions of the same song, one I like a lot, in order to make comparisons more easily.

Today, I will post a similar entry, only this time of songs I can't stand.  "But why?", you may ask. Because what we dislike says as much as what we like. 


Dreadful, no?

But how about this one?--


Q: Did I go through the torture of listening to these as I posted them?


... oh, yes, for the love of all that's sacred, please, stop. 


But out of all, I think Kate Bush awakens the murderer in me the quickest. Such competence. Murder is illegal, and yet this woman was allowed to record a "song" and release it, committing mass torture from afar.


Ugh.


In this song, the Beatles managed to include the Marseillaise, one of the best songs, in the repetitive half-hearted whine they think is singing. For that alone they deserve to go to my very own private Gulag. (Though there are some songs they wrote that I enjoy. Few.)

There are many, many more, though I won't post them today.

Oh, no, wait, wait!  No list of Songs I Dislike A Lot would satisfy me if it didn't feature at least one reggae 'tune' - i.e. a sequence of 3 chords, so:


My God, appalling.

I need a shower forthwith.

No comments: